Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Time for Fall!

Hello ladies! Well, our fall weather is now gone and we are back into the triple digit heat again! Hopefully it won't last long and hopefully we will be getting some rain.  The fires are now getting closer to my house.  There was one about 5 miles away today, but thankfully they put it out pretty quickly.

On to my card for the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge.  This time the very awesome Jacque has given us a very sweet sketch and asked us to incorporate FALL!!!


My very sweet blog friend Tammi sent me this image.  The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Fall, so here it is.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Magnolia - Scarecrow Tilda
Inks:  Copics
Paper:  K&Co.
Embellishments:  Mahogany Trellis Rose, 20mm and 10mm Mahogany Open Roses, 20mm and 10mm light Mocha Open Roses, 3mm Flat Back pearls, and Raffia Ribbon all from Wild Orchid Crafts!!!!  

The little acorns are from Hobby Lobby and the netting is from my stash.

This was a wonderful sketch to work with because you can just embellish to your hearts content!!! I hope you will have a go.  There are some wonderful prizes to win!

Be back tomorrow with a little creation and a new stamp that I just got!!!!

Hugs, Dena

15 comments:

tilly said...

This is beautiful and depicts the season so well, hope you keep safe away from the fires
Tilly

Anne said...

Oh, such a stunning fall card! The colors and style goes so well with that stamp, and it looks georgeus. I love the ribbon.

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card Dena, as always! What a pretty color combo, it's so perfect with this cute Tilda! Beautiful flowers and I love how you incorporated the raffia ribbon!
Have a nice Friday and wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Silvie
xx

Christina C. said...

What a stunning depiction of fall!
Love, love all the beautiful details on your card...couldn't be more perfect!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully autumnal. Fab use of netting and I love those acorns! Hopefully I won't leave it such a long time before I come back to see you again! Hugs, Lesley

Louise said...

Hi sweetie!
OMG, now I´m so worried about you! I hope the wind turns or somethings or even better that the rain comes pouring down - very soon!
It´s horrible what you have to put up with :(

I adore this card of yours - too! It looks amazing with those soft autumn colours :) Scarecrow Tilda never looked this pretty! Stunning colouring and amazing detail :)

Hugs and have a good weekend

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi so hoping the fires don't reah you must be so worrying . I just love your acorn and all your cosy colours. Kitty :D

dolcreations said...

I love your fall card Dena. This image is soooo perfect. Your card is perfect too.
Please stay safe Dena. I sure hope those fires can get contained soon. It must be so hard on all of you with worries.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
Oh my goodness I hope you're OK. I did not realise the fires had gotten so close. I'm praying for rain for you, I hope you get some soon. This is just gorgeous. Stunning colours, Tilda looks adorable & those little acorns are a perfect finishing touch.
Stay safe my wonderful friend.
Biggest Hugs,
Andie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Dena this is absolutely awesome, the colours, design, flowers and Tilda look amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Iris said...

Dena this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the muted colors!

Hugs,
Iris

June Nelson said...

Wow this is amazing darlin,your colouring and colour combo is perfect love it!!!! have alovely wekend love and huggies June x

Marlies said...

I love this card Dena, gorgeous colours and all the embellies fit perfect with the cute image!
hugs, Marlies

Vicky McClean said...

See!!!....the brown has worked again my friend, LOL, i love the season and i love this card well done Dena xxxx Hugs Vick

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the autumnal feel!! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails