Thursday, September 15, 2011

LOTV Challenge


Ahhhh yes! Time for a fun new challenge at the LOTV Challenge Blog!!!! Whooo Hoo! This time the theme is Red, Green and White and an optional theme of Christmas!!! Just in time for everyone getting their recent orders!

I have been waiting to use this gorgeous stamp for soooo long. It is called "Little Festive Robins".  I thought the sentiment was perfect for the image since it is their little birdie home! haha! I am entering this card into the Papertake Weekly Challenge where the theme is "Things With Wings".

I colored this one with Prisma Pencils and used the Sparkly Technique to glam it up.  You can find a quick tutorial on this technique that I did HERE.  

The papers are from the amazing Nitwits Collection and are called Simple Joys.  I can't seem to get enough of these paper right now.  They are all so perfect for the sweet LOTV stamps!!!!!

The Guipure Lace, Flat backed pearls, and poinsettia are all fromWild Orchid Crafts.  Be sure to check in with them now and then because right now I saw today an amazing sale on some Ivory Roses!!! I love to use ivory and think it is a really great deal.  Also, they have these wonderful new brads that are a must have.

Please check out all of the design team's work.  They are some very talented ladies! I also hope you will join in on our challenge.  I can't wait to see what you guys do with this theme!

Thank you for stopping by to visit me! It makes my day when you do!

Hugs to all,

Dena

22 comments:

Kristel said...

That is a gorgeous card Dena! Looks so amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Anne said...

Oh, this is SO pretty! Lots of Christmas spirit, and I love the cute image and great teksture. :)

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, this is totally fab - I saw it over on the challenge and it really popped out - I found this image a fiddle to colour up but you have worked your magic and it is STUNNING. Love how you have reversed the robin colours and the sparkle finish is brilliant. Can you tell that I love it?! Hugs Sxx

Papirdilla said...

Another stunning Christmas card, Dena. I really love what you do with that Sparkling Technique. It looks so beautiful. Adorable image and great coloring:)
Have a great day!
Big hugs,
Hanne

Elaine said...

Awesome Dena..but ALL your cards are awesome :)
I love the image, so cute, and the lovely glittery finish which is o perfect for a Christmas card.
Pretty papers and fab embellies..all round gorgeous card Dena.

Hugs Elaine xxx

Helga said...

Eine wunderschöne Winterkarte - alles fügt sich perfekt zusammen !
Liebe Grüße
Helga

mlarisa said...

Очень красиво! Яркая праздничная открытка!

Louise said...

Hi Dena :)
This is so beautiful :)
Love the image and the way you seem to have sprinkled it with something :) He,he,he! Lovely!
Stunning papers and flowers too!

Hugs!

ulrike said...

Wonderful! Love this card with this lovely image, beautiful papers and embellishments.

Marlies said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card Dena! I love the colours and the image is so cute!
hugs, Marlies

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty and bird lovers will love this one. I do. Edna

Debbie said...

Perfect sentiment for this adorable image,love how you sparkled it up.

Hugs
Debbie

Christina C. said...

Dena, this is absolutely breathtaking.....love the sparkle and, of course, your amazing coloring skills! Such festive papers!

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wauw Dena what an awesome technique this is! Your card is so beautiful!
hugs Yvonne

Rosietoes said...

Totally gorgeous card Dena. Love the glittery finish.

Edna x

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous Dena, love the way you have put it all together and that image i just so cute, have a great day love and huggies June xxxx

tilly said...

this is one stunning card, It looked a bit difficult to colour so I did not buy it, you have made such a good job of it. and I love these papers
Tilly

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is gorgeous. I love the stamp you have used.
Emma

Viv's Visuals said...

Stunningly gorgeous card - MUST get on with my Xmas cards..... soon.... LOL

Vicky McClean said...

Love this card and that stamp so much hun, the colours remind me of candy canes and spearmint rock from the seaside, if i were you and you loved that stamp as much as i do, after Christmas i wouldn't ink up the stockings and colour the birds different, like blue with a tinge of yellow to make them blue tits and Ivy is around all year, use the stamp all year round, just incorporate different colours and papers and it'll work, but i'm guessing you've probably already thought of that too, sorry, LOL xxx Vick

Little General said...

A great card with the outdoors Christmas theme. The birds' colours you chose work perfectly with the rest of the card and the choice of papers from this Collection were just right!

Tammi said...

I love anything with birds and this is just sooooo pretty! Love the sparkle you added, def. festive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails