Monday, September 12, 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!


Time for a new challenge at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge.  This week we have a sketch for you to follow along with.


I have decided that I am going to start making my cards 5x7 and somewhat FLAT for Christmas!  haha!  We'll see how long that lasts since my pretty WOC flowers are a not so flat! 
Anyhow, I used one of the super cute new Christmas stamps from Lili of the Valley called "ALL IN A ROW".    I colored them with copics this time since I wanted a very crisp white paper and my watercolor paper is a little off white.  I needed the crisp white paper to match these gorgeous Nitwits papers called "Simple Joys Too".

For this card I went outside and picked some very fine twigs that seemed relatively flat and loaded them with glue and then sprinkled on the amazing  Silver German Glass Glitter from Wild Orchid.   I really like the effect! Super sparkly!!!!!!!!!!  Other glitters just don't have the same look.


 The Merry Christmas stamp is a Hero Arts stamp (I believe).

I used a couple different sizes of the poinsettias and the cute little sweetheart blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts, along with some flat backed rhinestones.

That's about it for me today! Thank you so much for checking in with me!
Have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Dena

22 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card ♥

Squirrel x said...

So gorgeous hun! Hugs Sxx

Thea said...

Oh wow, this is so sweet. I can't wait till the postman bring my christmasstamps from LOTV. Thank you for the sketch!

Hugs
Thea

Marjorie said...

This card is stunning... bought this stamp at Harrogate show yesterday, you have coloured it in so beautifully, and the papers really compliment the image..lovely!!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, fabulous card Dena.
luv
Debby

Louise said...

Beautiful card Dena, such a sweet image
Louise

dolcreations said...

How darling are these three little girls! You always have a way with picking just the right papers and then placing the most BEAUTIFULLY coloured image with it. I just adore your Christmas card! I too am going to try and make them not so bulky for posting! But you know, those flowers and any embellishments just make it!

Kerryn said...

Completely beautiful!!! I can't wait to colour up this image too. I love how you've used actual twigs! I thought they were pipe cleaners at first as they are so glittery.

Corine van der Zee said...

This is so adorable, love the three girls in there cute dresses!
Beautiful coloring and details, gorgeous papers!

Hugs Corine

ednamburgess said...

Such cute little angels. Edna

Christina C. said...

Dena, this is such a darling Christmas card....such sweet images. I'm hopelessly in love with those adorable LOTV stamps and you always do such an incredible job showcasing them.

Angela said...

Oh that is just the cutest image ever! Beautiful card Dena! Love your coloring! hugs, Angela

Nixe07 said...

Oh wow Dena what a gorgeous card, love it so much!! This is such a cute image, I really hope I find more time for crafting very soon ;O)
Have a wonderful week!
Big Hugs
Moni

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is so adorable! I love your coloring like always!

Elise said...

Ooooh Dena! This is sooOoO sweet, soOoOO sweet! I am so in love the way you colour your images .. you make everything look so darn AMAZING! Again .. you've created another GORGEOUS card!

Hugs,
Elise

June Nelson said...

This is just so gorgeous and your colouring is superb will you send me this card for christmas lol, its fabulous love and huggies June xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, Your card is breathtaking, everything is so sweet, the images are adorable. The bright white and beautifully coloured images are stunning and I love the glittered twigs, you are so creative. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz:)

susie said...

this card is lovely!
love the stamp, must get one of those.also love the colours too.

Papirdilla said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the stamp, it's so cute:)
I must admit that I haven't started on my Christmas cards.
Hmmmm.... I really think I would have big problems if I should make flat cards...hihi... I love my stash and flowers too much;)
Take care!
Big hugs,
Hanne

Debbie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dena.. Love the added touch of the twigs

Hugs
Debbie

Juls said...

Hi Dena

I am still playing catch up in blog land at the mo, I have enjoyed having a good look around your blog to vheck out everything I have missed, such inspirational work as always!!

This card is so cute, love the image, your gorgeous colouring and all the fabby details!!

Hugs Juls

Tammi said...

Oh gosh they are adorable, you are getting my in the Christmas mood, haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails