Monday, September 26, 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts - Make It Sparkle with Stars


So here's my card today for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge with a nice theme of Sparkle and Stars.  I thought it was a good chance to use the gorgeous German glass glitter and my sweet LOTV image.

 
This image is called "Little Holly" and can be found at the Lili of the Valley store! She has been colored with distress inks.

My papers are from a very sweet blogging friend and are by Pion Design! I thought they were a very pretty color. Thank you so much girlie, you are the best!


You can see the little stars I punched out and covered with German Glass Glitter and I also used the gorgeous new Lilies that Wild Orchid is now carrying.  A few of the other flowers I used are the Ivory Classic Sweet Rose, 15mm Ivory and Pale Pink Open roses, 10mm baby blue open roses, 25mm Ivory Wild rose, gypsophilia,  and Ivory Insertion Aglaise Lace. 
You can see I spritzed all the flowers with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
  
I am so used to using the metric system with Wild Orchid, but now US customers will see it also in the American System and US currency for prices! Yippee! No VAT Tax either! Wild Orchid Rocks!  They listen to their customers.

I hope you will join our challenge! This is an easy one.  Be sure to have a look at what all the DT have come up with.

Thanks again for coming by!

Hugs, Dena



20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dena, just love the image, so beautiful, love the papers and colouring, gorgeous...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Eulalia said...

I like very much this stamp (marvellous colouring!) and your card are stunning!
Great Dena!!!
xoxoxo Eulalia from Italy

Corine van der Zee said...

Gorgeousss!!! Beautiful colours and colouring, love the image and flowers.

Hugs Corine

Jane said...

Oh WOW! hun this jumped out at me in my reading list - the colours are stunning - love the soft pink of her dress and she is so gorgeous! Breathtaking card! hugs, Jane xxx

Thea said...

This is lovely Dena! Nice colors and i like the way you use the flowers.
Have a nice day!

Hugs
Thea

Juls said...

wow this is just utterly gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful soft colours you have used! Hugs Juls

ulrike said...

Wonderful! Love these colors and this image, you coloured it perfectly.

Pat said...

Hi Dena...wow!! What a stunning card!! I love your color combo and sketch...and, oh...what a beautifully colored little image! I love the new LOTV stamps...I need to ink mine up pretty soon, me thinks!! I always enjoy coming to your blog...your work is perfection! Have a great week. Hugs. Pat Frank

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card with a realy cute LOTV image, great colouring, I like the way you added the pinks with the gray papers and I love the stiching!
hugs, Marlies

Teri said...

Drop dead gorgeous!!! I am at a loss of words to tell you how beautiful this card is!! I mean, there is not ONE thing that is not perfectly done!!! I am in awe and amazed... I could just look at it for hours and hours... your work is just... fabulous doesn't even describe it..... love!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Louise said...

Hi sweetie!
OMG, this is soooo beautiful! Love it, the sparkle is so cute :) Very elegant and you have managed to capture the chrissy spirit in the most awesome way :)
Amazingly cute image and loads of pretty detail.

Hugs

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dena!

Vicky McClean said...

Just WOW Dena, i love it xxx love Vick xxxx

Debbie said...

This is a WOWZA of a card, the colors are so soft and beautiful, just love how you used the german glitter glass on this. just adds the right amount of sparkle.

Hugs
Debbie

June Nelson said...

Like "wow" I love this, it is just my type of card, do youwant my addy for christmas he he, oh its so beautiful xxxxxxxxx

Dorcas said...

I love how you portrayed the night sky behind her, brilliant!

Tammi said...

Sweet and precious, love your coloring and stars, beautiful Dena!

Kaz Bee said...

Love this card :) She's gorgeous and your colouring technique has shown her off a treat. Love the design, well actually just love everything about it - thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Kaz Bee x

Iulia said...

OMG, this is one of those cards to die for! Makes me think of a nostalgic Christmas ; you are so good at combining colors and nuances! Totally love this!
Hugs, Iulia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails