Sunday, October 30, 2011

Whimsey Stamps Magazine Card & Project


If you haven't checked out the Whimsy Stamps Magazine yet, I HIGHLY recommend it! Oh wow, there are project tutorials and beautiful cards galore! I love it!  This issue teamed up with Wild Orchid Crafts to show some amazing work!!!! You all know how much I adore my Wild Orchid Crafts products! haha!  I used the adorable new Winter Fairy by Sylvia Zet that is now available in rubber at Whimsy Stamps.  This is defo my fav ever Wee Stamp.  She is just too sweet for words.

Card Ingredients

Stamps:  Whimsy Stamps - Winter Fairy, Whimsy Sentiment-Season's Greetings 1
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:   Bo Bunny
Tools:  MS Pine Branch Punch, Spellbinders Lacy Circles
Embellishments:  Lg. Burgundy Curly Rose, Ivory Cherry Blossom, Gypsophilia, Cream Seam Binding, lace all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I also added Twinklets Diamond Dust for the snow and Stickles on the wings.

I decided to make a little ornament also.


I have stamped with Memento Black onto muslin fabric then colored with copics.  I sandwiched the layer like so, Top-Muslin, then batting, then circle cardboard for stability, then muslin on the very back.  I added lace and sewed it all around.  It really was super easy.  I used the same WOC flowers on this as on the card!

I hope you will check out the magazine if you already haven't.  It is only available online, there are no hard copies to buy and the best part FREE!!!!!! Gotta love free!!!  You can find the latest issue HERE!

It is a glorious Sunday here in Houston.  The weather is amazing! I think Tom and I are going for a nice long bike ride today. 

Have a good one!!!! Thank you for visiting me!

Hugs, Dena

26 comments:

Corine van der Zee said...

Dena, every time you surprise me with your gorgeous creations and great talent! Again this is so very pretty, love the colours, image and beautiful details!

Hugs Corine

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card and wooooooow the Ornament is delicious!!

Rachael said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Gorgeous image and fantastic colouring! Loving the ornament such a clever idea! Rachael x

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena awesome! Your coloring is so gorgeous!
hugs Yvonne

Louise said...

Hi Dena!
Oh, first of all the card it self is just gorgeous beyond words and then you go and surprise me with that awesome chrissy ornament! WOW!! It is so cute! How in the world did you make that, I´d LOVE to try it. Can you make a tut or something? Please...;)

Hugs!!!

Christina C. said...

Beautiful card, Dena, and that ornament is just precious! You are sooooo creative and talented!
You always manage to amaze me every time I visit your fabulous blog!

Julie said...

Wow, Dena - these are two glorious makes!!! Stunning colouring of this little cutie and your embellies are gorgeous too!! The decoration is perfect and I bet not nearly as easy as you say - you can just turn you hand to anything! Juliex

dolcreations said...

Stunning Dena STUNNING! The rich burgundys are so gorgeous! You have hit this baby out of the park! Love your Christmas ornament!

yvon said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning, this is so gorgeous and i love the ornament.
Great job.
Hugs, Yvon

Molecraft said...

A Gorgeous card and even more gorgeous ornament, stunning work!
Helen x

Shirley N said...

Beautiful creations Dena, love them both!

Crafteezee said...

Hi Dena, just love that wee stamp and coloured beautifully as usual. Great idea for the ornament, been meaning to stamp on fabric for a while. Will add it to my never ending list, lol. I have been popping by, usually in my lunch hour so not enough time to leave a comment but I sure find you inspirational!
Hugs Tracy x

Tracy said...

Both of these are just gorgeous Dena! I really really like your ornament. :-) Thanks so much for answering my question about whether you used the pads or reinkers last week. I've been playing and having fun, with not too bad results. LOL I'm sure I'll keep looking here for lots of inspiration. :-) Hugs!

Elise said...

Oh sheeesh Dena .. here's yet ANOTHER gorgeous creation of yours! I can't stop gawking at your beautiful colouring, you bring everything to life! And then th papers you choose are always the perfect ones!

Yea .. uh-huh .. I'm SO SURE that your ornament was "easy" to make! lol! If I pulled a stunt like that I'd end up with .. probably a new chew toy for our puppy. hehehe! Your ornament is INCREDIBLY STUNNING ... wish I had talent to do something like that! :) Love it!

Hugs,
Elise

June Nelson said...

So beautiful and I adore your colouring Dena, hope you enjoyed your bike ride xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning dear Dena, hope you are well hunny. Loving your card and the fabulous matching ornament. Your work is always an inspiration. Hugs Linda x

Grenouille Greetings said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Dena! BEAUTIFUL ornament! Love your pretty colour work and super colour choices! Hugs, Lesley

Debbie said...

Thery are both so sweet.

Hugs
Debbie

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card and ornament Dena in beautiful colours, lovely embellies and I love this super cute image. I've nearly finshed a card with her on it and it's so great to colour! (not that I can live up to your gorgeous colouring but I'm learning LOL)!
hugs, Marlies

Riet said...

So wonderful,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vee said...

So beautiful, I love the image and the colours are gorgeous.
xx Vee

Sylvia Zet said...

Absolutely wonderful Dena! The ornament is so fabulous idea!

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is so sweet! That ornament is just beautiful!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Dena this is outstandingly beautiful, what rich deep colours the design and image are awesome.
hugs
Lorraine x

elizajagoda said...

Witaj!
Bardzo ładna zrobiłaś różne pomysły kartki.
Pozdrawiam z Poland :)

Iulia said...

One word: AMAZING! Gotta try this too; I'm just blown away by your creativity!
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails