Monday, December 5, 2011

Advent Calendar for WOC!

Hello my blogging friends! Thank you so much for coming by my blog!  My card today is for the new challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts!  Our theme is an easel card.  This was totally inspired by Debby who made this card here!  Her card is ADORABLE!!! Be sure to have a look!


I tried to go with a bit of a Vintage style for this card, but I stink at that, but had fun trying haha!  Since I used the absolutely gorgeous papers from Maja Design again, I felt I needed to at least try this style!  I went out and found a free clipart of this Santa and made a little advent.


I used jump rings to hold the little numbers that can  be flipped to the back of the card.
Here's a shot of the cute Christmas wooden shapes from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I tie-dyed my Vintage Seam Binding by spritzing with Peeled Paint, Walnut, and Pineneedles Distress Inks, then sprayed with water and set outside to dry.  
I love the gorgeous big natural lace from WOC, isn't it so pretty? The large Poinsettia was also added to my card and the stamens removed.  I spritzed it a bit with Walnut Stain DI just to tone down the brightness of the red.

I sure hope you will join in our challenge this time around.  There are always amazing prizes up for grabs!

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your visit, they make my day!

Hugs, Dena

13 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the gorgeous rich tones and the fabulous vintage feel! Hugs Juls

Kristel said...

This is really a stunning card Dena!! LOve the warm deep colors!
Hugs Kristel

Renkata said...

So beautiful!

Riet said...

So beautiful,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Dena! I love the vintage look! Lovely warm colours!! hugs, Marlies

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous old world card!!! Love it

Hugs
Debbie

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card Dena, love the traditional colours and i think you did a wonderful job on the vintage style!

Hugs Corine

Christina C. said...

Love this vintage treasure, Dena! Fabulous how you tie-dyed the seam binding in different shades and the lace is GORGEOUS! Beautiful vintage creation!!!! Gosh, I didn't make enough vintage cards this year.....just not enough days in the week!!!! LOL

June Nelson said...

Morning Dena, this is gorgeous darlin loveing it xxxx

Elise said...

Hi Dena!!! Well you may think you stink at doing vintage, but my dear .. anything you touch and place together is absolutely GORGEOUS! And that's what this is .. GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the idea of the numbers at the top and how you placed a metal embellishment in the center of the flower!

Hope you're having a great day my dear!

Big Hugs,
Elise

coldwaters2 said...

This is a wonderful calender Dena I adore the vintage style of this one, it is my all time favourite, the lace, colours and design look superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi this is so traditional and festive. I think you do vintage very well ! Love the wooden embellies Kitty :D

Tammi said...

You do amazing at vintage, it's beautiful! Great font for that sentiment too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails