Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LOTV Sneak Peek!

First, let me say a big "THANK YOU" for all the sweet birthday wishes.  I always say "blog friends are the best"!!! It made my day to have so many wonderful people wishing me a happy day! I had a wonderful day with my friends!

Today several of my LOTV teamies are also showing sneak peeks, so be sure to check out Claudia, Fleur, Kathy and Bev's blogs for soon to be released Lili of the Valley stamps! These are such happy little stamps and this one is no exception. I am sorry for the poor camera work.  I didn't like how everything came out, but my cute Easter stuff is packed away, and when I went to take pictures with a different background, the camera wouldn't download the photos.RRRR!!! Don't you just love it when thing don't go your way? haha!  So here's my little project!


Just so you know, I love to recycle things as much as possible, so when I saw this new sized coffee can, I knew it would turn into a craft project! haha!

First, I colored the adorable new "Easter Sweeties" with distress inks, then spray painted all the silver parts with white matte paint, then covered the can with design paper.  I pleated some tulle and hot glued it around the top of the can.


I used some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers to decorate the sides with a large tulle bow.  You can see the added wire handle given just a tiny twist at the top.


 Now you can go to town as much as you want with decorating, but I kept it pretty simple .  I thought this might be a cute way to give someone a gift for Easter.  I guess it could even be used as a basket of sorts.

Anyhow, don't forget to check out Kathy, BevClaudia and Fleur's  blogs today and see what they did with some of those new stamps coming out mid February!!!!

****************************************************************************

Something else to keep an eye for is this Wednesday there will be a new challenge on the Little Darlings Challenge Blog and a special blog hop! They will be introducing a new line of stamps called 'Cutie Pies'. I will be helping out with the hop to show you these sweet new images. I hope to see you all at the hop on Wednesday and yes there will be some candy!

I will show you my little sneak peek as soon as my camera starts cooperating again!

Thanks for stopping by!   Have a wonderful day!!

Happy Crafting, Dena

24 comments:

Tan's Hobbies said...

Ups, 1st of all let me say: Happy 'belated' Birthday, Dena!! So sorry that i missed it yesterday, hope you will forgive me =)

Anyway, your today's creation is just so amazingly creative. LOVE the stamp soo much, love the coloring as well. Love the flower and the small butterfly. It’s just too lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Hi Dena, sorry I forgot to concratulate you, so here it is. Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderfull day!
Love this gorgeous Easter project you made!!
hugs Yvonne

Squirrel x said...

Ooh, what a super project hunny! I can just image that cram packed with mini chocolate eggs, yummm. That stamp is just too darned cute for words. Hugs Sxx

maxine said...

This is so cute and a great idea x

Rachael said...

This is sooo cute! Such a sweet image and lovely colours!! Rach :) xx

ulrike said...

Oh, this basket is so cute! I must have this sweet image. Love your decoration.

Christina said...

This looks really stunning Dena! Love your colorwork!
Hugs Kristel

Christina C. said...

Soooooo adorable....!!!!! Love this sweet image and the super cute project you created!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the images!

Sol said...

Adorable image!.. Great Decorated and Lovely Embellished! :o)

Fleur said...

Wow what a gorgeous idea Dena, I love the pastel colours you've used and all the tulle looks so pretty
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Tammy Ortiz said...

I love the coffee can idea!
How gorgeous the design.
Hugs Tammy

http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Lindyloo said...

Hi Dena, as I am knew to your blog (found you via LOTV) I had no idea it was your birthday so please forgive the blunder. Anyway please except my wishes for a very good year ahead and I am so pleased to hear you had a lovely day.
As to your lovely creation, well how delightful. I think anyone, but especially children, would love to receive this filled with small eggs or maybe even a little bunny holding an egg popped inside. Such a cute idea.
All the best Linda

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh Dena this is just so stinkin cute! And good for you for going green with recycling!!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is so adorable! I love your decorated bucket and cute image. I've been secretly hoping to not really love any of the new images because I can't spend money right now, but those little ducks are adorable. Hugs!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Dena.

Hugs Riet.xx

Molecraft said...

A fabulous bit of recycling, love it!
Helen x

Debbie said...

Oh Dena, this is spectacular!!!! Love this new image and Happy Birthday, a little late, but my wishes are just the same

Hugs
Debbie

Eskimo Frosting said...

Wow beautiful colouring.

Jayne
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a gorgeous make! Love your fondant colours with this cute image. I'm still working on my Valentine myself, Dena, Easter is a long way off yet although I might have to start on my Christmas cards soon! Hugs, Lesley

Vicky said...

Hi Dena sweetie wow is this pretty your colouring is fantastic as always & I love how you have decorated this tin. The pleating on the tulle looks fabulous.....absolutely love this hun!!!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sandy said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!!
sandy

Elise said...

hi Denaaaa! This is just so freakin' adorable and precious!!! Gosh, who would've thought a coffee can like this could turn into such an amazing Easter Basket?! Wow!!!!!! I love the way you turn things so girly ... with the frills and flowers .. everything is so dainty which I just ADORE! And then of course there you go with the colouring again. Sheeesh .. let me borrow your colouring skills for a day will ya?! haha!! I love this!

Big Hugs to Ya!
Elise

Pat said...

Hi Dena...I've been out of the country on a cruise and then, when I came back, I had a kabillion things to catch up on...and then I caught a cold. Ugh! Anyway...that's why I haven't been visiting lately! What fun to catch up! This project is absolutely adorable! I love how you recycle and repurpose! Also love the new LOTV images! Beautiful work! Hugs. Pat Frank

Shanna Shands said...

I am so jealous you get the new images and they are not coming out so quick as it takes extra longer to get them here in the US. I love this creation though and I think it will be fun to make my daughter's Easter basket this year if I can get the images quickly! Such a great inspiration thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails