Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sorry No Video

My Mom tells me I am hardheaded and I think she must be right, because I did not want to give up on those doggone markers that we were all excited to get! haha So I kept at it to figure a way that would work and this is what is going to be my way of using them.

Sorry about not having the video I promised.  I played with it for several hours and then it wouldn't upload to blogger.  So now I just did a quick step by step with photos and will do a youtube later on with a whole picture after my Distress Markers come through the mail!

I know a lot of people have already been watercoloring this way so it will be a natural switch.  I, on the other hand, have never done it this way, and it will take a bit of getting used to.  I kept forgetting to put the water down first. haha!

Step 1: First lay water down where you want to color on watercolor paper.  Not puddling, but just enough to be damp.  I found too much water made it hard to get color on the paper (kinda obvious).

 Step 2:  Use a swiping motion (I feel this helps it blend better) with the Distress Marker to color your area right over the wet watercolor paper. The blur is the marker! haha!
 Step 3:  Blend the color out toward the white space with clean slightly damp paintbrush.
Step 4:  Go over again for more definition of shading after it has dried a bit.   Whaa laa! It works!

I know this is soooo basic, but I thought I would share anyhow!

I'll be back later with a new card, so stay tuned

Happy Crafting!

Dena

13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh sweetie, I am so pleased that you are a determined little critter and have found a way to make these work! Bless your heart. Hugs Sxx

Chris x said...

Well done and thank you. I think this will help a lot of crafters who are struggling with these pens.
Chris x

Moni said...

Thanks for the tutorial and the image is so cute. Hugs,moni

Tammy Ortiz said...

Hi Dena,
Thanks so much for sharing
hugs

Jude said...

Thank you for this tutorial Dena, I was going to give up with these pens until I saw this. Looking forward to your You Tube tutorial.

Hugs
Judex

Sassy Scrapper said...

Great job sweetie.
Hugs Bonnie

Frea said...

Hi Dena, this sure looks good. But in all honousty, I can get results like this using my DI so for me there is no reason to buy these I think. The only thing I can think of is that they would be easier to take along when your going somewhere with your stuff (workshop). So the're not for me I think... Hugs, Frea

Jane said...

Well done for perseverance and thanks again for sharing.
Jane x

Elise said...

HI ya Dena! You are so incredibly talented! Thank you SO much for sharing this technique with us!!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Lindyloo said...

Hi Dena,
Well it must be so rewarding to have had success with your markers at last. I must admit the effect you achieved at the end looks really good, but I think I will still stick to my DI as before as I am so used to them and (shock, horror- I must be feeling ill to say the next bit...LOL!) it saves me spending more money.
I have a something BIG to say in next post.
Hugs Linda

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I watched your watercoloring tutorial video's last night. They are fabulous. I had done some watercoloring about a year back with the T.H. distress pads, but not too much and never with this much detail and work. I am going to have to get some decent paint brushes and try your technique out, I love it!

MichelleMyBelle said...

thank you for sharing this technique

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Thanks Dena do really appreciate this as will be ready to play when they arrive ! Looks great Thanks ;0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails