Monday, March 19, 2012

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge

Oh boy! I had a great weekend! How about you?  We got to see both our kiddos!  There was no crafting for me this past weekend, but we sure did enjoy seeing the kids.

My card for today is for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge. Our challenge is BINGO.   I am still stuck on the paper bag type cards, so this is what I did.


You can see there is a pocket at the top and in the middle where I put a little Magnolia tag.  Now here is what the inside panel looks like:


So to make this card just fold the bottom of the paper bag naturally and then cut off to the height that you want.  Below you see the dotted white line where I cut mine.  Keep that top portion because I will show you something else to do with that in another post.

 Now decorate to your hearts content.  I did glue up some of the folds for the top pocket just to streamline it a little bit, but you can keep it so that it expands if you want to put something more bulky inside.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda Holding Easter Basket, Tilda and her Bunny, and Wheelbarrow
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  MME 
Tools:  MS Frond Punch, Magnolia Doily Tag and Antique Lace dies

A little bit of news..........I am so super thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Magnolia Ink Magazine made me "Blogger of the Month" in their issue this month! Wow! I am so honored.  Little ole' me, how about that?!  I tell ya I was shocked.  Thank you so much Magnolia Sweden for the wonderful goodies that you sent me, I got them on Saturday. 

Be sure to checkout my Wild Orchid Crafts teammates wonderful samples this week and I hope you will join in our challenge.  

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!!!!

Hugs, Dena




27 comments:

Monydav said...

Hello! Congratulations on these beautiful cards, one more beautiful than the other!
Kisses, Monica.

Elaine said...

What a pretty card Dena I love it Hugs Elaine

Lindyloo said...

Hi Dena,
What a totally gorgeous card and pocket. You really have an eye for layout, it is always polished.
Congratulations to you on the 'Blogger of the Month' award, so deserved as you produce beautiful creations and they are always varied and colourful.
I hope you have had a wonderful Mothers Day. I spent my day at my grandsons 3rd birthday party, it was lovely.
Have a great week. (Sending parcel tomorrow). Hugs Linda

Debbie said...

Well Ms. Dena, This is just stunning beyond compare. Not only do I love this paper bag card, I must give it a try. OMG I love it to pieces. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

Hi Dena, Wow your creations today are stunning!!! Congratulations on the Magnolia Ink Blogger of the Month, so well deserved, you do amazing cards and projects.
Hugs Cheryl

Maryann said...

WOUW this is soooooooo gorgeous, and I absolutely LOVE it Dena. What a stunning piece of art, you´ve made here hun. No wonder,. you were chosen as the Blogger of the month in Magnolia Ink, and a biiig CONGRATULATION on that too, you sure deserve it. I don´t comment often, but I see all your work and love what I see, that´s for sure. Keep them comming hun, it´s all so gorgeous.

June Nelson said...

Morning Dena what a beautiful project, just fantastic xxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥♥

ednamburgess said...

Great cards. Thanks for the bag trick. Edna

Alina said...

Dena, this is so beautiful, thanks for the inspiration! and yes, show me more please, I'm looking forward to it!
hugs, Alina

Manon said...

Congrats Deena!!! You are so talented! Gorgeous project, you inspire me!!!

Louise said...

Fabulous card, this project is awesome, thanks for sharing
Louise

Vicky said...

This is absolutely stunning sweetie love the design think I may have to have a go at one of these.

Yayyyyy on being blogger of the month so really truly deserve it sweetie. I love your blog you are a very talented lady hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

sueincanada said...

Beautiful. You are such an inspiration.

Erin- said...

Stunning. A paper bag has never looked so chic!

Teri said...

Well, I am NOT surprised you were chosen for Blogger of the Month!!! Everything you do is fabulous and so beautifully done!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
And of course, this card is no exception, just gorgeous as can be!!! I so love your work!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful! I love the idea of a paper bag card and the two image used together. Just gorgeous! Congrats, too (I'm not surprised either)! :)

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Dena.

Hugs Riet.xx

Corine van der Zee said...

So sweet Dena, love the soft pastel colors!

Hugs Corine

Molecraft said...

Congratulations Dena! Another gorgeous creation, what a great way of using a paper bag, love it!
Helen x

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dena, inside and out and everywhere! Fantastic details, I'm in love:-)! Huge congratulations too, what a great honour, but so very well deserved! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

Eskimo Frosting said...

Oh wow this is so pretty

Hugs
Jayne
x

Angela said...

This is really gorgeous Dena! I love that you used a paper bag for this card. Great idea that I must try soon! Beautifully decorated and beautiful coloring on all these sweet images. hugs, Angela

Julie said...

FAbulous make, Dena - love the style and all your wonderful detail! Bet you loved having your family time over the weekend! Juliexx

Elise said...

Hi Dena! A huge CONGRATULATIONS on being Blogger of the Month in MagnoliaInk! OoOO so very very well deserved .. you totally ROCK! I may have to make sure I buy that issue now so I can show everybody, "Hey look! My sweet friend is in here!!!!" hahah!!!

Okay, now on to your GORGEOUS creation .. oh my word!!! Gosh girl, this is AMAZING! I so love the idea to stuff a card in the middle!!!!!! Who'd have "thunk" that?! lol! Only Dena! Wheweee, I can sit and admire this beauty all day long! I soOOoO freakin' love it!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

rosie said...

gorgeous. fab images. love the little tag and the pocket. fabulous idea x

Brook Guinn said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails