Monday, April 16, 2012

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge

Thank you everyone who visited me yesterday for the Lili of the Valley Blog hop.  I sure hope you like what you saw on the hop.  It was nice to read all the sweet comments.

I have a card today for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge where the theme is "SPRING IS IN THE AIR".  What could be more Springy than this sweet little image from Stamp and Create called Garden Bunnies which you can find HERE.  I tried to use the most Springy flowers I could also.  


This is the second image I bought from this line and I just love them! They are too sweet for words!

Here you can see I used the gorgeous Lilac Classic Rose, 20mm Baby Pink Open Roses, and 15mm Yellow Open Roses.   I also scattered my favorite filler flowers Baby Blue Gypsophila.




I used Stardust Stickles here and there also for a bit of shimmer.  I colored the dress with a combination of Spun Sugar and Dusty Concord with Black Soot for the shading. 

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Paper Trey Ink Signature Greetings  from a very dear friend and Garden Bunnies
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  K&Co. Watercolor Bouquet
Tools:  MS Pine Branch Punch and Garden Trellis Border Punch, Circut for Sentiment frames
Embellies:  Flowers listed above, String pearls that I cut apart and glued, and Guipure Lace all from Wild Orchid Crafts!!!

I hope you will join our challenge.  Please be sure to follow the rules though.  We seem to have to disqualify a lot of  cards due to not following the challenge rules and we sooooo hate doing that!!! We want everyone to have a chance to win the fabulous prizes at WOC.

Thanks again for you sweet comments!  Until next time...................

Hugs, Dena



22 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh wow Dena! Wow wow wow! This is so beautiful - stunningly pretty. Adore the image and your colourwork is magical with the papers. Hugs Sxx

susiestacey said...

Stunning, gorgeous image and the colours are soooo pretty x Susan x

susiestacey said...

Stunning, gorgeous image and the colours are soooo pretty x Susan x

Susan.... said...

This is exquisite Dena ! Love the colours you have used and that stamp is beautiful.The flower arrangement, sentiment and gingham ribbon finish everything off wonderfully !
Hugs
Susan x Mallorca.Spain

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is adorable. The coloring is the awesome.
hugs

Louise said...

Gorgeous Dena!! I so love this paper and your coloring is awesome
Louise

dolcreations said...

I love your spring card...your paper is gorgeous and so is your colouring!!!!

sueincanada said...

Love everything about this card, the paper, the image and of course the coloring.

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Dena! I love the papers and the beautiful flowers! Wonderful coloring of the sweet image!

Iulia said...

Fabulous card and coloring, Dena! And how sweet the image is! It would put a smile on anyone's face!
Have a great Sunday sweetie!
Hugs, Iulia

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so lovely!! I love the color combo you used. So sweet!! I can't wait to get my restock order in! I've had a lot of people ask about these stamps. Hopefully they will arrive soon.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so lovely!! I love the color combo you used. So sweet!! I can't wait to get my restock order in! I've had a lot of people ask about these stamps. Hopefully they will arrive soon.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

What a cheerful card Dena; it's like a garden in bloom itself! You're right about these images, they ae delightful and really sweet aren't they. I just love the oversized hat and the innocence of the theme.
I don't think I have seen these K&Co papers before, but they are really lovely. They remind me of the lovely fabrics they used to make when I began sewing in my early teens.
Hope your are having a great day. Linda x

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Joann Burton said...

Fantastic Dena...I love the image and you have colored it so nice. The roses are just beautiful. Great card...joann sassy raggedy

Shazza said...

stunning card x

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, just gorgeous in every way!
Helen x

Lorraine said...

Stunning card Dena, I love the colours, the image. . . the background. . all of it really!!
Lorraine x

Christina C. said...

What a lovely image....sooooo precious!!!!! Oh my goodness, love those gorgeous papers and all the other fabulous details...what a beautiful way to welcome spring!
As always, your creation is a visual delight!

Dorcas said...

THis is gorgeous Dena! LOve that stamp!

Nenny said...

This is beautiful Dena. Lush papers! Such a sweet image and love all the glitter accents. Utterly gorgeous x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails