Sunday, September 9, 2012

Halloween Panorama

Oh you guys just thought I fell off the face of the earth huh?  I do so many other things besides craft that it is now just when I have time.  That's ok right?  haha!

Thank you all for the kind words about my daughter getting into nursing school.  She is so ecstatic!  She will start in January.

Well, I have a little fun project to show you that I had an absolute BALL creating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't decorate for Halloween or anything (I do give the kiddos candy if they come to my door), but normally other than that I don't have anything to do with the event.  I do LOVE Fall though! So anyhow, I saw this super cute project on Jim, The Gentleman Crafter's blog, and had to give it a whirl, so I asked a super sweet blog friend if she celebrates Halloween and it just so happened to be her birthday also, so I will be shipping this project to her along with a surprise.  Jim was so kind as to give a video on how he made this.  Don't you just love those people that show you videos and tutorials for FREE?  I mean, the guy is a genuis with crafting, like another Tim Holtz or something! Please go see what he made, you will not be disappointed!  Check it out!

 This was done according to the video he made.  I used a cylinder from Hobby Lobby and cut out the circle.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I cut a spider web from my Paperdolls Cartridge from Cricut.
 I used the super sweet image from Saturated Canary called Witchies.  The three didn't fit very well in the circle so I cut one off and set her on the outside.  I actually like how that worked out.

The paper is from Hobby Lobby and I used the Iron Gate MS Punch for the border punch.



Here is what it looks like with the lights out.  It has a nice little glow from the battery powered tealight in the background.  Sooooooo fun!!!!!

Most of my supplies are from Hobby Lobby.  I picked out all sorts of knobs and stuff to make the feet and fenial.  Oh, and the piece on top of the lid is a hexagon box. 

I hope you like this project. I am entering into the Saturated Canary Challenge, which is looking for "Dotty".  My dots are on the paper inside the panorama can you see it?  I would like to thank Jim so much for the inspiration.  I am now making a Christmas one with my darling LOTV stamps.  Stay tuned, it may be a few weeks though!

Thank you all for visiting me, I truly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day!

Dena

38 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is amazing Dena, so different to most of what we do

jacqui x

Riet said...

So gorgeous Dena.

Hugs Riet.xx

Loopylou. said...

squeeeee omgosh super squeeeee!! Dena hun this is just totally jaw dropping gorgeousness!!!! oh my I absolutely love it a zillion times over!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary chaellenge blog
hugs Lou xxxx

Silvie Z said...

OMG Dena this is absolutely stunning, jaw dropping! You know how much I love your creations and this is no exception! Such a fun project! Gorgeous image - love Krista's Witchkeys and you colored those cuties beautifully - love the rich vibrant colors! You rock girl!!
Thank you for sharing Jim's blog, will defintely check it out!
Have a lovely Sunday hun!
Hugs,
Silvie xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!!!! This is totally amazing. I LOVE the design and the colours and detailing are wonderful. I will definitely be hopping over to the link to Jim's blog.
Take care, all the best
Hugs Sue

lilka said...

cudowne!!!!! WOW!

Astrid said...

WOW Dena this is gorgeous, i loved the images of Halloween.
We here in The Netherlands dont do at Halloween, but i loved it.
Hugs Astrid

maxine said...

Beautiful work x

Deborah said...

This is fab. Can't wait to see the LOTV one.

Debbie said...

OMG!!! This is just outragiously Adorable!!! The work, the detail is just fantastic!!!

Love every inch of this.

hugs
Debbie

Anne said...

Wow, this is such a fun creation!
Love the Halloween colors and details. Perfect punched details and embellishments.

Hugs, Anne.

Caz said...

Stunning creation Dena, love all the details and beautifully coloured images.
Hugs
Caz x

kelly said...

Totally gorgeous! The images are so cute too.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'll have to pop over to Jim's next but in the meantime, Dena, this is super duper fabbydozy! And I love it! Hugs, Lesley

Jane said...

Ooooooo this is awesome!!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at SC Challenges x

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.....OMG!!!!! I adore this spectacular work of art!!!! Your friend will LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this, Dena. What a treasure .....gotta love those SC witches...Oh my, oh my!!!!!! This is truly PHENOMENAL! So many lovely details....I know your friend will be doing the happy dance!

Lorraine said...

WOW Dena, this is stunning! It must have taken you hours to make, and it looks fabulous. I love it!
Lorraine x

Vick said...

Hello my friend,

You can craft whenever you want, it doesnt have to be all the time, we have lives outside of craft too don't we? LOL...but im glad we do craft cause we met through it! Funnily enough i am the same as you about Halloween i dont celebrate it, but i am using the 'witches' digi for my halloween makes at Saturated Canary and at another DT i am on. Autumn is my favourite season, I love your project sweetie!! Hope you are well, lots of love Vick xxx
the-artful-codger.blogspot
my YTchannels vixcrafts & saturatedcanary

Tanya said...

This is brilliant Dena! The colours are amazing, the papers are deadly, I love the iron gate border and those witches are just adorable :)

Tags xx

Kerri said...

love it!! very nice

Kerri said...

love it!! very nice

Kerri said...

love it!! very nice

Kerri said...

love it!! very nice

Kerri said...

love it!! very nice

June Nelson said...

Wowser lovely lady,you are such an inspiration,this is just fantastic!!! love it and I want onelol, thanks also or joining us this week at SC its lovely to have you,big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pinklady 68 said...

Absolutely stunning!! Soo nice og lovely decoration, Dena!!

Wish you a great week! Hugs Laila.

Tracy Valure said...

Oh this is just beautiful, Dena! Love the coloring and what a great design!!!

Hugs,
Tracy Valure

Lou said...

Hi! oh this is truly sooooo gorgeous Dena,your design and detail is amazing and those sweetie are coloured just perfect. I can't tell you how much I love it :)))) and when lit even more special.
hugs Lou.xxx

Elise said...

Hey wait a minute! This almost passed by me and I only caught it now?!!! Whew! Thank goodness cause wow wow wowzers! Dena, you are SO talented and creative, you are AMAZING!!!! I mean like SERIOUSLY?!!! This is incredibly wondrous! From the colouring, to the details, to the dp's .. my goodness gracious, this leaves my jaw hanging WIDE open for the flies to get right on in!! LOL!! Kidding about the flies part, but serious about the jaw dropping. hehehe! I soooOo love this and I'll go and check out the guy's blog! :)

Hope you had a lovely weekend my dear friend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

sueincanada said...

That is stunning. Wonderful work.

Manon said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing! xx

Lynne wilkes said...

Just stunning,all your stuff is x

Shazza said...

fantastic!! x

Norma said...

Dena, WOWZER! I am in awe! Jaw-dropping gorgeous. Love the Halloween colours. Super cute SC witches and your colouring of them as always is superb. Love everything about this.
Hugs,
Norma

Sol said...

WOW.. This is So Beautiful... I am just like you.. give the kids some candy if the come to my door.. But otherwise I don´t do anything for the Halloween .. But this light creation is Just Amazing.. And I must say the colors is perfect for lighting.. Beautiful Coloring and Stunning Details....
FAB WORK!!! :o)

Vicky said...

oH this is absolutely amazing hun love the whole design & it looks even more amazing when its lit.

I'm so sorry I've not been by I'm always running behind on my blogging just lately lol. I have caught up with your posts tho so I also want to say huge congrats to your daughter its absolutely fantastic. You must be beaming with pride hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sara said...

Wow, Wow and WOW ! this is amazing, love the SC images, coloured beautifully, what a fab project, hugs Sara xx

Jenn Beautiful said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails