Thursday, January 10, 2013

You are the butter to my bread!


Oh boy! Have I been gone long or WHAT!? Holy Cow!  I can't seem to get around to crafting while my kiddos are home.  There always seems to be other things to do! haha!  Wade just left today to go back to college and since Alyssa has started nursing school she is gone most of the day now, sooooo hopefully I can get myself going again!

First off, this is a card for the loooooove of my life! My sweet husband Tom,  my soul mate, my other piece of paper (inside story).  I figured at the rate I am making cards these days, I better get going on Valentine's Day.

I have used the UBER cute Lili of the Valley stamp "Happy Together".  This was one of my all time favorite releases from LOTV.  There were so many adorable couple stamps!!!

Here is a closeup of the shrinky dink I made.  Remember those? haha!  Well, I used the "Love Sentiments" from LOTV for all the wording on the card and this is one of the stamps.  Soooooo cute!  Had to make a little postage sticker too, at least that was what it was intended to be, it sorta turned out to be just a stamped piece of square paper, not much looking like those stickers on packages. Oh well.

If you are facebook friends with me I showed my bargain finds yesterday from Target.  I used almost all the papers, ribbon, doily from there.  The flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the floral ribbon from my local fabric store.

Now, here's the inside. Yes, I acutally did a little something on the inside, don't fall over ok haha! Very simple, but hey baby steps......

 Did you guys see Julie and Julia? It's about Julia Childs and oh such a cute show! This phrase came from Julia's husband.  Seriously I about cried! So sweet! Great show I highly recommend!

Anyhow, I know a secret and I'm not going to tell (at least not just yet) haha! It's the new release that will be coming out soon by LOTV.  Hang on to your hats ladies, cuz these are ADORABLE!

Gotta run! Thank you so much for visiting me!  I sure do appreciate the comments!

Hugs, Dena

40 comments:

jules said...

Aaw! gorgeous cute card!!

Gretha said...

This is amazing Dena, love the red color. The image is gorgeous colored.
Hugs Gretha

Danni said...

What a precious image! this is such a sweet, beautiful card!

Astrid said...

Yes, i missed you. :))
The card is beautiful Dena, wow, lovely stamp.
Add those flowers under the picture they are wonderful.
Hugs Astrid

Frea said...

Hi Dena, good to see you again! Your card is totally adorable! Love the image, love the that ribbon and love the sentement. Hope you had a good Christmas! Hugs Frea

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dena. I love the beautifully coloured image, so sweet. The colours and layout are perfect too.
Lorraine x

Nat said...

This is just super, love the depth of colour you always get with your colouring.
Natx

Crafteezee said...

Ahhhhhh I hope Hubby appreciates it. It's gorgeous and you are being so organised. Love the sentiment.
Hugs Tracy x

Jo said...

Beautiful card as always - you never fail to impress. I just adore your coloring, Luv Jo x

Crafty Chris said...

Stunning Dena the colours are beautiful and such a beautiful verse inside.
Chris x

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
Your card is delicious! I can almost feel the love in the air! Great colors and coloring and a super cute image!
Hugs, Iulia

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card. Great colouring and I love the image - so cute.

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwwww I love that cute image Dena. Your colouring is wonderful and all the details you have added are totally gorgeous. I love how you have decorated the inside too.
Hugs Sue

Sara said...

Totally gorgeous card, love the image, so cute and the sentiment is beautiful, hugs Sara xx

Hanny said...

OOOO, this is so nice. A gorgeous cute card, stunning!
hugs Hanny

heidy said...

Gorgeous cute card Dena,love it!!
XXX Heidy

yvon said...

Hi Dena, o this is way to cute. Gorgeous card.
Hugs, Yvon

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Dena,
Wow,
What a lovely card,
loving your colour combo,
simply stunning,
hugs,
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Danielle said...

Beautiful Dena, indeed this image is sooo sweet and I love how you showcased it. All your elements are so nicely chosen, I had seen your previous post, and I am happy to admire how you put it all together. your husband will love! Hugs.

Sara S. said...

Super cute card!

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, how sweet! Such a spectacular creation, Dena....your hubby will be so pleased, especially after he reads that heart-melting sentiment!!!! I love all the fabulous embellishments on this wonderful card...stunning papers as well!

Elise said...

OooH my dear Dena! I so LOVE that sentiment on the inside .. that is the sweetest thing! You and Tom are such a LOVELY couple .. and I bet he's gonna be so tickled to receive this card from you! What GORGEOUSNESS this is .. so STUNNINGLY coloured as always with the most scrupmtious of details!!! sigh ... looOoOove it!

ps .. I'm so happy to hear that Alyssa and Wade were at home for quite a bit with you! It's always so nice when they get to come home! :) Hope they'll get to come again verrrry soon!

Hugs and Kisses,
Elise

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable Dena.
luv
Debby

Louise said...

Stunning card and such pretty details.
Louise xx

ellabella said...

Ohhh wooowwww his is just beautiful. You have a great eye for colour and desing.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous loving that colour combo

jacqui x

Katharina Wikholm said...

Oj,oj, så fint kort.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous image and design. janex

Jary said...

How wonderful this card is!! all the little detail you add are such fun!

Emma said...

Gorgeous!! I love everything about your card x

arcadia said...

Awesome!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, Love the adorable card design and the cute images.

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Dena! A perfect valentine card. Such a cute image and fab colouring, lovely colour red on the little boy! Is that a new colour? hugs, Marlies

gail townsend said...

love the card, the words are sweet. Gail

Grenouille Greetings said...

I saw Julie and Julia when it first came out but funnily enough, it was on TV two nights ago and I watched it again. It's a great movie! And this is a beautiful card! Hugs, Lesley

Juls said...

utterly gorgeous!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Elaine said...

Yep...I saw your bargain buys over on FB..only just getting around to visiting you here.
And of course you made an amazing card with your goodies..perfectly pretty and so sweet!
I always LOVE your colouring and the way you know exactly where to place your embellies.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Alina said...

it's such a beauty, Dena, I love everything about it!

Vick said...

Hi Dena honey!! I have missed your posts in my emails, love love love the card and a little tip I worked out, if you have a postage stamp, stamp it o the same paper/card where your image is, maybe fully on or half on half off, it looks good xxxx hugs vick xxxx
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
YTChannels Vixcrafts & saturatedcanary

Angela said...

Oh so sweet! The perfect Valentine card and I love the sentiment you used. hugs, Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails