Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cutie Sneak Peek!

Hey there! How is your week so far?  Mine has been pretty good.  Have you ever been up close and personal with a baby possum? I mean a 3 inch long little rat looking thing? haha! Well, between my neighbor and our house we have found 8 in the last two weeks!  The poor mom must have abandoned them or something horrible happened because she is no where to be found.  My neighbors dog got two (awe!) and 3 were found in my pool (awe!) and then I caught 2 yesterday and called around and found a wildlife rehabilitator to take them!!! In case you wanted to know, I called the vet and they gave me her name. Anyhow, she will take care of them and feed them until they are old enough to release.  In the meantime, I come home, walk the dog, and find another one near my neighbors fence.  I didn't catch that one cuz hubby said leave it alone haha! The wildlife lady said they can have up to 13! Yikes! So that's my drama for the week. I sure hope I don't see anymore.

I did make another sneak peek for you to see! Don't you just love these new stamps from Lili of the Valley so far? They will be available April 6th woo hoo! That's not that far away!!


This stamp is called "Big Hug". Don't they just look like best buds?

I used Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers as usual haha! Gosh what did I do before the flowers came along?

The little tag is stamped with a Papertrey Ink stamp.  I colored everything with distress inks like always and the papers are from a very sweet friend called Imaginisc-Enchanted.   I also used the Sentiment Tags from LOTV.

I love working with stamps that make me smile, and this one sure did it for me! I hope you like it too!

Thanks so very much for stopping by!

Hugs, Dena



21 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my this is so beautiful Dena. Such lovely colours and layout. Jen xxx

Jenny said...

Oh my this is so beautiful Dena. Such lovely colours and layout. Jen xxx

Elise said...

Hi my Dear Dena!! Hmmm .. I've never seen a baby possum before! Awwww, that is so sad that some of them didn't make it. :( But I'm glad that you saved a couple and they'll be taken care of .. how sweet are you?! :)

Now your card ... sigh .. this is absolutely GORrRrGEOUS! I think I could stare at your colouring all darn day long. LOL! And the flowers .. ooooh how I love them! STUNNING work my dear .. ALWAYS!! I so love your work to bits!

Much Love,
Elise

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Dena, love your colouring and layout
jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwww that image is just delightful and your colouring is so beautiful Dena. I love the pretty papers and gorgeous details too.
I am glad that you managed to save a couple of those baby possums!
Hugs Sue xx

Astrid said...

Sooo cutie Hun, this lovely image and this beautiful card.
Hugs Astrid

Carol S. said...

Hi Dena, This card is gorgeous. I can't wait for the new stamps to come out. All this teasing isn't fair!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dena.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jill Norwood said...

Dena I am a fairly new LOTV stamp lover and this new image just makes my heart melt! It is just precious! Your card is so very beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!

Grenouille Greetings said...

A lovely tale about your possums, Dena. Poor little things! As for your card... it is soooooo beautiful with it's perfect stitching lacey trim, little tag in the pocket, wonderful flowers and beautifully coloured image. STUNNING! Hugs, Lesley

Only By His Grace said...

Such a precious card Dena. I love the image. So cute. the layout is gorgeous.
Hugs Maz

Christina C. said...

Yes, indeed, I saw one up close...tried to save the poor thing's life, but it didn't work!
I absolutely adore this precious image...soooo darn cute! You colored and showcased them to perfection!
I'm admiring all the wonderful elements on this card....beautiful floral accents, cute tags and the Easter ribbon is just stunning...love it all!
Wishing you a wonderful day!

Tanya said...

Beautiful Dena :) Love the colours and those beautiful flowers, that image is just adorable :)

Tanya xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dena. The image is so sweet and I love the pretty colours and embellies.
Lorraine x

Molecraft said...

Totally adorable Dena!
Helen x

Cindi Flass said...

This is so cute! I love your coloring and the flowers are such a sweet touch.

Debbie said...

Well, Dena, I've never been up close and personel a baby possum before, but believe it or not, we do have them in here in the neighborhood (NYC), and yes, I agree, they do look like LARGE rats...Sorry about the mishap in your pool but glad you found a home for the rest of the babies...and WOW on 13 babies at once

Now on to your card OMG ADORABLE... Colored and embesslished to perfection.

Hugs
Debbie

Alina said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog, Dena, every single card is so beautiful!

Pat said...

Possums?? Yikes, girl! Never a dull moment, huh?! Poor little things. Well...your card is so stinkin' cute, I can't stand it! I adore your cards...but then I know I've told you that a times or two! It's true, tho...whenever I need some creative inspiration, I come visit you and always get such great ideas!! You rock, darlin'!! Oh...and I love how you put safety pins in your Sat. Canary card below...and I am sooooo stealing that! Love it!! Thanks again for some fabby ideas!! Hugs. Pat

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Dena. I adore your colouring and the papers and layout are fab.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails