Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Still Playing!

I have been so intrigued with these mixed media canvas layouts that I decided to jump in and try one. 

Now since I am practicing, I took a very old photo of my kids.  I know now that I should have added lots more textures and embellishments to really get the look I am going for.  Practice, practice!!!

I used lots of materials I already had and cut the letters out with die cuts from Memory Box. 

This is a beer cap my hubby saved for me haha!

I found a few awesome trinkets from Michaels like the heart clock. 

Ok, just to point out how darling Wade looks with Alyssa with his little head on her shoulder and arm around her waist.  He looooved his big sister and still does but now he is 6' tall and she is only 5' 2" haha!

Back to the layout.  I was inspired by LuvLee Scrappin and Butterfly Kisses Designs.  I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and had a ball! I hope to find time to make another real soon but with colors that will go with my house so I can actually hang it up!

Thanks so much for visiting me while I'm on my mixed media journey!!!

Hugs, Dena

14 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful Dena...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Astrid said...

Beautiful Dena, its a wonderful project.
Hugs Astrid

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful
hugs Teresa xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous Dena. The photo is just delightful and I love the layout and wonderful detailing
hugs Sue xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Dena, this is amazing!! Stunning finish to the project detail. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Louise said...

Gorgeous canvas, Wow!!
hugs Louise

Sandy said...

I love all the texture - it took me a while to see the beer cap but I found it!!! Great idea.
Sandy

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Dena.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Dena, I too have been wanting to do one of these...Yours is lovely. I am collecting a few pics of canvases as I see them to get ideas. Thanks so much for the inspiration. joann sassy raggedy

Christina C. said...

Dena, you have really mastered this mixed media thing!!!! Absolutely amazing work! This is so different from what I've seen and so incredibly creative. Love all the elements on this canvas and that picture is so precious....beautifully showcased!!!
Wish I had a Michael's in my vicinity.....then again...maybe NOT!
HAHAHAHAH Have a wonderful day!

Elise said...

OoOoH Dena Dena Dena!!! I think I've just about fallen off my chair .. this is AMAZING! Well .. nothing new about that! lol! Okay, so gosh! Looking at this I'm like .. a LOT of different works went into this! I mean seriously, there's all kinds of textures, medias, embellies on here! Oh which by the way .. I have that cute lil clock tooooo!! Yay! :) And this pictures of your Alyssa and Wade .. awwwwww! He just so loves his big sis! Your children are so BEAUTIFUL Dena!!

Well, gotta tell you ... I love love love what you're doing with this mixed media stuff! A-MA-ZING! Hmmmm .. maybe when you come here you can teach me?! :) hehehe!

Hope you're having a fabulous day Sweetheart! :)

Much Love,
Elise

Lorraine said...

Beautiful project Dena, and such a brilliant way to show off a great photo.
Lorraine x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I am coming from your Friend Cristina's blog...and I loved what you did with the swap tags...
this layout is superbe too
the colors and the overall layout,
thanks for sharing
bibiana

Jenny said...

Wow this is beautiful. I love all the great textures, and what a fab pic, so cute! Jen xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails