Tuesday, July 30, 2013

News and a Christmas Card!

Hey there everyone! I have another Lili of the Valley Christmas card to show you and a bit of news below.

Now, I know you think I say this all the time, but this is one of my FAVORITES from the release! It is called "Festive Post". So very cute and oh how well does the postcard from the Christmas Icons set go with it?  Which one is your favorite from the release?

I used some of the paper from the Classic Christmas Pad.  The little fence is a Magnolia Doohickey and I used some of that Snow Tex stuff to have it snow covered.


Now for my news! I am super excited to share with you a new video series I have created at Scrapbook News and Review on coloring with distress inks!  I have used the super sweet stamp "Peggy" by Wee Stamps as my example for coloring.  In these videos I will share, very slowly, how you can work this medium to achieve results like the image above.  If interested, just click HERE and it will take you directly to my class.

 

As always, I sure do appreciate the visit! I hope everyone is having a super awesome Summer so far.

P.S. If you watch the Bachelorette.....................what the heck????????? hahaha! I'm not sure I can wait to see next week!

Hugs, Dena

19 comments:

Holly Gwilliams said...

Beautiful card Dena. That's one of my favourite stamps too.

I'll be checking out your classes. Thanks

Holly x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Beautiful card Dena love the layout and colouring.

Good luck with your new classes I still love my pencils thanks to your tutorials

jacqui xx

Squirrel x said...

Another beautiful card hunny! Still waiting for mine to arrive :( Will be having a nose at the video later xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card Dena, I love that image - one of my favourites too. I also love the penguin which I will be colouring later this week. The papers and postcard look fabulous and your colouring is wonderful as always.
hugs Sue xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous ard Dena. Love DI and the different effects you can get with them. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Carol S.xx

The Little Stamper said...

Such a beautiful card, and I will definitely be going over to watch your video.....painting with distress inks is something I have always wanted to have a go at :o)

Sharon x

Claire said...

This is a gorgeous card Dena, fab image, beautiful colouring and love the layout and deep colours. Hugs, Claire x

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning card and such a sweet stamp! The colouring is beautiful, congrats on your classes!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Dena, it's such a fabulous stamp and your colouring and design is just wonderful Kate x

Christine Dol said...

Love Love your card today Dena!

I have told my friends about your prisma tutorial and they signed up and loved it. They have been watching and learning! Awesome job! Now they are going to be thrilled you did a distress inks class!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous Dena! Love the layout and that shaped card, just beautiful! I love traditional Christmas colours too :)

Tags xx

Elaine said...

Perfect!
I do these images, so cute!! Awesome colouring as always.
Pretty embellies and fab papers.
Love it ♥

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xxx

Alina said...

it's such a beautiful card, Dena! lovely image!

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Dena! I love the paint on the different embellishments. I may have to take one of your classes some time. I've never been able to get a handle on distress inks and you always color so beautifully with them!

Christina C. said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card.....love, love, love the sweet image, colored to perfection!!!!!!
Awesome details and a beautiful shape as well.
I think I'll give distress inks another whirl....signing up for your class!

Elise said...

OoOh Sweet Dena!!! This is absolutely GOR-GEOUS!!! Your colouring just totally takes my breath away .. you're AMAZING!!! I truly LOVE this! ... well .. I know I say it for all your cards .. but it's just SO true!!! lol!!

Now A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your video series!!! Woooohooo Dena!!! I'm so proud of you and so EXCITED for you!!! I know everyone will LOVE your classes!!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

Much Love,
Elise

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is beautiful...I love the shape of the card and the image is lovely. Hugs, joann

Teresa said...

Oh Dena this really is a beauty! I have this stamp and just painted it yesterday, it's so cute. Your cards are always beautiful.
Just doing a bit of blog hopping :)
Have a great week, Teresa x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Awesome card Dena. Love the papers and the fab embellies you've used and what a darling stamp for Christmas! Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails