Thursday, August 15, 2013

LOTV Sneak Peek!

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by today! I know some of you are getting excited to see the new Lili of the Valley release so I have another one to share with you.

This is one of the cute Jack, Patch character stamps called "Fairy Lights"! These little characters are so fun and cute and expressive! Gotta love 'em!


Here we got with another relatively "simple" card. Sometimes I just like to change things up a bit. 

I decided these little guys needed to be colored on kraft with my Prismacolor pencils.  I cover how to color on kraft in my Prisma pencil class at Scrapbook News and Review Art Studio called Sharpen Your Skills With Prismacolor Pencils.  I also show how to do the fur on these cute animals in the second pencil class.

The white you see is with a white paint pen for highlights.  I used a bit of stickles on the lights too!

Wait till you see more of these characters from the design team, they are totally adorable!

I appreciate you visiting me today.  It's still very hot here in Houston, so the only thing I want to do outside is swim! haha! but I do have to walk the pup 3 times a day, so.... Stay cool where ever you are!

Hugs, Dena


26 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dena love that image and the way you've coloured it
jacqui xxx

Christine L said...

Ooh I LIKE! Perfect colouring on Kraft (love that effect always)... and gorgeous card Dena!

Hugs
Christine x

Sammy said...

That is so adorable, and I love the colouring!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous colouring Dena, I love pencil colouring the best and this looks fab, - a lovely card!

Jen said...

dena this is stunning.. I love your clean and simple design !!

Jen xxx

Lou said...

Hi! Wow this is so gorgeous Dena,love** your colouring and they are really sweet.hugs Lou.xx

Astrid said...

This is realy gorgeous Dena, that image, soooo cute.
Hugs Astrid

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwww Totally adorable image and perfect colouring. I love the layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Dena. The image is so cute and I love your colouring.
It's raining here today...no sunshine! :-(
Lorraine x

Renae said...

Beautiful card. I really like the simple style.

Christine Dol said...

Wow....just perfect Dena. Love the way you have coloured and shaded with the prismas on the kraft. The stickles make the lights sparkle...perfect card!

Carol S. said...

Hi Dena, this is a very cute image. Looking forward to seeing all the new stamps. Love the colouring and the faded shadow around them. Brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kirsty-Anne Duckworth said...

Hi Dena..Wow I just love this ...definitely on my list love this stamp and you have made me want to create and play...adore your style on this one ..brilliant ;0)

Gretha said...

AMAZING Dena, this is gorgeous
x Gretha

Yvi said...

wow, your colored those cuties so beautifully! Love the image and the way you worked with it! :)

Elise said...

OMG Dena!!!!!!!! Wow wow wow! This is A-MA-ZING! Get outta town! Okay, I don't even know what to say! lol!!!! Seriously, this is incredibly GOR-GEOUS! I am blown to bits by your colouring Dena .. seriously! sigh .. the only thing more I can say is "Love Love LooOOOOoOove"!!!!!!!

ps .. Rocky goes walking 3 times a day?! Lucky boy!!!!!! It's so hot here as well .. yuck! :(

Much Love,
Elise

Chris said...

Hi Dena,
This image is the cutest and your colouring is awesome.
Chris X

Beth Brovold said...

Dena...your "simple" card is just GORGEOUS!! I love the use of the kraft card stock and your colouring is FANTASTIC as always!! I'm looking forward to colouring along with you on your amazing tutorial videos at the ART STUDIO!! Hope that one day I can colour half as well as you do!!

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is adorable! I love the CAS design and the cute image! The animal images are always my favorites. :) Amazing coloring as always! Prismacolor pencils are next on my learning list after I learn more about distress inks. I've watched all the videos and got the supplies. Now, it's time to play more. :) Hope you have a great weekend! Stay cool!

rosie said...

gorgeous image. fab layout. love the colours x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is soooooooo darn gorgeous & your colouring with the pencils is totally awesome......but then your colouring always is hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jill Norwood said...

Wow this is so lovely! Great look with the prisma colored pencil on Kraft paper! And I love the white paint pen highlights! So pretty!

mary lou wich said...

Animals and trees are very nice!

Darla said...

Very nice.

Laura Lotz said...

very cute. Makes me want to decorate my tree.

Kelly Bradshaw said...

lovely as are all of them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails