Monday, August 5, 2013

Peggy

Oh what a scorcher it has been here!!! Yikes!  We went to the Dynamos soccer game the other night with all the neighbors and I think we sweated off 5 lbs each!  Wow!  Next game I think I'll wait till it cools a bit. The good news is that they won and the goalie was pretty awesome to look at haha!

My card today is using the absolutely adorable digital stamp, Peggy, from Wee Stamps or you can get her in rubber at Whimsy Stamps!  These stamps are way too cute!! Sylvia was nice enough to let me use her for my distress inks class, so this is the image you will see me coloring in the videos. Thank you so much Sylvia!!!

Wow! in real life my label is NOT crooked.  Not sure why it looks so wonky here huh...... Well, must be the angle I took the photo. Anyhoooo!

Ok, so let's talk about the papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally used those amazing Maja Design Sophiero!  I got them from sweet Sandy from Live & Love Crafts. Geez! I LOVE them!!! So sad that I have such an addiction to paper hahaha!!  These just make me happy, happy and remind me of my Grandmaw Mamie.  She would have so loved the dainty little flowers and colors.

I also used the gorgeous Noor Design butterfly border from my amazing friend in the UK!  Such a pretty die, I love it too!  I splattered it with some Frosted Lace Stickles so it would shimmer.

Here is the image up close colored with distress inks.  My class is available HERE if you are interested in learning how I color.

Now, I have to go get the cute new little Indian that Sylvia put up last week! OMG! I think it is such a sweet image.

Thanks again you guys for stopping by my blog!

Hugs, Dena

23 comments:

Chris said...

Just beautiful Dena, such pretty colours.
Chris x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Dena love the Wee images and love how you've coloured Peggy what super paper
jacqui xxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card dena, I love love love the wee images. Must get more of them lol
Hugs Kelly

Christine L said...

Your card is fabulous Dena... such delicate colouring... and I agree... those papers are gorgeous... I keep stroking mine... so I have the same addiction!

Hugs
Christine x

Elaine said...

Perfect ♥
What a lovely start to my morning to see this little beauty!
I love Sylvia's designs, they are all so pretty!
Love the papers too, yep it's an addiction and totally incurable :)

It's raining cats and dogs here today!

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xxx

tilly said...

what a pretty card and love her little dress lol
Tilly

Sue - bearhouse said...

Such a beautiful card Dena. I love the sweet image, wonderful colouring and gorgeous papers.
hugs Sue xx

Astrid said...

Gorgeous Dena, such a beautie.
Hugs Astrid

Sylvia Zet said...

It is always such a big pleasure to see what you creates with my stamps Dena, your cards are amazing. Thank you again for choosing my Peggy to work with :)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dena. I love the image, she looks fab and beautifully coloured.
Lorraine x

Christina C. said...

This is as cute as it gets, Dena!
Spectacular coloring and showcasing of this adorable image. Of course, I love, love the gorgeous papers and the beautiful embellishments....absolutely breathtaking!

Molecraft said...

A beautiful card, love the soft colours!
Helen x

Vicky said...

I love it hun...so adorable..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Elise said...

Wowowowowow! Dena! I don't know how much more dreamier your colouring can get, but everytime I see your cards .. sigh .. I'm in love love LOVE! My gosh! So soft, so delicate, so DIVINE! I totally am FLOORED at the way you've coloured this cutie (well .. everything you colour for that matter!)! Annnd oooh those GORGEOUS papers .. am so in love! You're gonna giggle .. remember the card I told you I had been working on for a b-day and was running late with? I used the same papers, same sentiment, same butterfly die as this that you've used! hahahahah!!!! :)

Well, I truly looove your creation yet again .. and I know your students will simply LOVE your classes!!! :)

ps .. Was it the heat from the weather, or the cuteness of the goalie that made things "hot"? hehehe!!! Kiddddding!!!!! :)

Much Love,
Elise

Christine Dol said...

Oh you do so well with those distress inks...she has just come to life! Beautiful card Dena! Love that butterfly border!

Shazza said...

this is amazing x

Lena_J said...

Great card. Love the image and how you coloured her.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely darling creation! Love the soft colors and bits of sparkle! Glad to have found your blog! :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, Dena I love this! Such a sweet image and with my favourite papers right now! I still haven't cut into mine, I just can't bring myself to!! Love your distress ink colouring. I'm thinking seriously about popping over for your tute, as I'd love to know how to use these inks properly. Would have loved to have done your pencils one too, but didn't have any! I have the ink pads, is that enough to give it ago? Beautiful card hun. Hugs, Wends xxx

Niki Estes said...

So sweet! I love the soft coloring (and I knew I recognized it!). That paper is really pretty. I keep checking the link when you post about those Maja papers, but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Chris_P said...

Gorgeous!!

Kelly Bradshaw said...

this is right up my street love this card....very good

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails