Monday, March 17, 2014

Here Come the Tomboys!

Hi ladies! How ya doin?

Gosh there are some exciting things happening at Lili of the Valley.  They have these MOST ADORABLE Tomboys coming out on Monday, March 24th.  The design team will be showing sneak peeks all week! Be sure to check them out, they are all so cute!


I was going for a country feel for this little cutie called "Upside Down".  I wanted to color her up first since this is exactly how I was as a young girl, always climbing trees and hanging upside down.  I colored her with my Inktense Pencils again!

The frame was cut out of kraft then painted with blue paint and Picket Fence Crackle Paint, then scraped to get down to the kraft for a distressed look.   I punched some holes in the corners and added some jute in an X shape.  The red paper is from the paper pad "Heartfelt".  My sentiment is the "Vintage Labels - Just To Say".



So as you all are aware, LOTV is having a fabulous 10th anniversary BASH on May 10th.  I am going to go with my hubby and hang out with all my sweet teammates!  Woo Hoo back to the UK and I can't wait!  Sooooo.....while I am there, I will be doing a demonstration with the Inktense Pencils, so if you are in the area, please come on by and say "hi" and check out what all will be going on in the shop that day.  I know it will be over the top AMAZING!!!!!  LOTV is working to get together a grouping of my top 20 Inktense Pencils that will hopefully be able to offer to you all there.  Crossing my fingers it all works out and they can get the special grouping of colors. 

One more thing I wanted to address with all the folks who live outside of the UK.  Did you know shipping is FREE on all stamps from LOTV???? My goodness!  Now, there is a charge for shipping on the paper pads, but the stamps are free shipping.  So all of you girls that live in the US like me and want to check out LOTV, that's some kind of deal.

Now be sure to head on over the Gretha, Becky, and Jen's blogs since I know they will be sharing their take on these Tomboys today also.  I'm sure you will be super inspired!!!

Thank you so much for visiting!  I hope you like these stamps as much as I do.

Hugs, Dena


23 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Dena. I LOVE that cute image, your colouring is amazing and such a fabulous design too.
hugs Sue xx

Chris said...

This is fabulous Dena, love the colouring. I know I'm going to love the new stamps.
Chris xx

Sammy said...

I LOVE this! Love it so much! I spent a good chunk of my childhood up a tree also, so this image certainly speaks to me too.
I just adore your blue frame, and will have to remember that technique! x

Maryann Laursen said...

This is sooooooooooo gorgeous Dena, absolutely stunning work. Boy I wish I could go to the UK then too and get to that classs, that would be awesome, but it´s a bit too far from here, and would cost a fortune I´m afraid, so don´t think, that´ll at all be an option ha ha ha, but I sure hope, that you´ll have a blast of a time there, and I admit, I´m soooo jealous.ha ha ha.

rian said...

ohhh this stamp is so cute , i love de new stamps.
hugs rian

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Dena. I love the new stamp, she looks brilliant. Beautifully coloured too.
Lorraine x

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the papers and the added jute. Perfect details for such a cute image.
hugs Louise

Christine Dol said...

First off, I am so jealous that you will be at LOTV! I would so love to see you and LOTV!
You work magic with those Inktense pencils.
I am totally going to get some of these images...your card is super duper adorable!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Soooo cute Dena! Sure hope the Inktense pencils work out too ... they are next on my shopping list.

And if you and your hubby decide that you would like company on your trip, you should know:
I travel light; I have good manners and I'm not a fussy eater... just sayin'.

ednamburgess said...

Oh so very cute. Love the picture and the colors you chose. The background paper is perfect for the design. Edna

Joan Donaldson said...

Beautiful card, love everything about it.

Guida Machado said...

Hi Dena,
I love the stamp, but your card is wonderful.
Hugs,
Guida

Becky said...

What an fabulous card! Adorable image and love the background.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Dena, OH!!! this image is a must! I looooooove her totally LOL your coloring with those pencils is awesome. Love thedemin like paper in the background, the jute and and addition of those cutelittle corners in kraft. Yep,your card makes me say Life is wonderful indeed this morning!and every day I get to wake up! Cheers!xox

Danielle Champagne said...

PS.me again........ wish I could cross the big pond and be in the UK atthis time!!! enjoy, and share pictures!

Carol S. said...

Love it Dena! Great card and brilliant image. Sadly I live in the south of England, so unable to join in with the birthday celebrations. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christina C. said...

Tomboys, eh? Wow, my daughter was the ultimate tomboy!! Can't even count all the accidents she had growing up!
OMG...wish I could join that class on the Inktense pencils. I just purchased a whole set and they are not easy to work with. Need lots of practice! Your coloring of this cutie is phenomenal. I also love all the details on this lovely card.

Asas à imaginação said...

Dena, seu cartão é adorável!!!
Aliás, todos os seus cartões são muito lindos!!!
Abraços enviados do Brasil por
Marlei

Debbie Tinks said...

Love the card ..happy crafting...x

sueincanada said...

Love your card. Very envious of your trip to LOTV.

Elise said...

OOoH Dena! ahahahaha .. I can just see you hanging upside down like this on a tree when you were little! ;) And if I know you .. you were probably swinging back and forth like a little daredevil! ;) hehe!

Well, gosh, these colors are soooo beautiful together! And of course your colouring is INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS as always! Truly LOVE it!

Hope you're enjoying your day!
Much Love,
Elise

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh, I love this! Such a fantastic image and so beautifully coloured. Such a brilliant bow, it looks great!
Rebecca.

Sara Clement said...

Your cards, bring to life great outdoor fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails