Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello Summer!

Hey there! I'm back with a Summertime post!  We are well into Summer right now in Houston.

Father's Day consisted of sitting by the pool, a little water volleyball, and then grilling some ribs! It was Tom's birthday as well so me and the kids did whatever he wanted for the day and a perfect day for him is just chillin with the family.

The current challenge at Magnolia-licious is Summer themed! I made a little beach tote to go along with the theme.

 
I got the pattern here.  It was a little difficult sewing and putting together, but I like how it turned out in the end.  I think you can put all sorts of stuff in there for a gift because it measures 6x6x2! It's not super tiny and can fit lotion, sunglasses, water bottles, etc.
 
 
I colored cutie pie Summer Bathing Tilda with copics.  Can you tell I love her? haha!  She is from the Seabreeze collection last year and I loved almost all of those stamps! 

I used some paper flowers in the corner and the leaves are from the Wild Strawberry Flower and Leaf Doohickey and then I also used the Vintage Tag Doohickey.

 
I hope you will join the challenge!

You can color your Magnolia, Wee, & Wild Rose Studio images/projectsANY WAY YOU PLEASE BUT KEEP THE  PROJECT SUMMER THEMED!
  So pick an image or two and have fun creating a project to join us with! 
RUNS THRU JUNE 23rd
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Hugs, Dena

28 comments:

Louise said...

Wow!! Love it Dena. Such a pretty summer bag.
hugs Louise

Guida Machado said...

Hi Dena,
I love you bag. The fabrics are amazing and the Magnolia is so cute. Really gorgeous.
Hugs,
Guida

Vicky said...

Oooh sweetie this is sooooooo gorgeous, I absolutely LOVE this BIG TIME!!!!! There is no link on 'here' for where you got the pattern from hun :0( Love the lush colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, love love,love what you did with tis theme !!
The link does not work , I love to go there ;-)
Hugs, Ellen

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Dol said...

OK this super adorable Dena. I love the paper and I love the image...which is just way too perfect. Love it Dena!!!
I'm a happy camper here...summer has arrived!!!!!

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh wow! how amazing this bag is, utterly fabulous Dena!
Mel. xx

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Dena I'm not sure I've left a comment before but just couldn't pass this one up. I love, love it! Love your colors, your embellishments and this new Tilda is so adorable. Once again I just love it. I'm going to have to try making this adorable bag. hugs, Ruth Ann

Christine L said...

This is just such a perfect creation Dena... beautiful pastel colours and a gorgeous image (which is perfect for the theme)... I just LOVE it!

Big hugs
Christine x

Sheri said...

What a beautiful project Dena! I love the sweetness to it!!

Lorraine said...

An amazing project Dena. It looks fabulous , so pretty.
Lorraine x

Christina C. said...

OMGosh, this is just gorgeous!!! The papers and image you selected for the tote are perfect! Tilda is colored to perfection. Love it!

Beth Brovold said...

GORGEOUS Dena!! Love the bag idea and of course your colouring is beautiful!!

Diana Crick said...

SUPER gorgeous, love the colors, tag everything about it!
hugs, Diana

shelly glassic said...

So sweet! I love your coloring and think I need that stamp!

Elise said...

Wow wow wow wow WOWWWW Dena! I am blown to bits! I am sitting here with my mouth open like, "Whaaaaaaat?!!!!!" hahahah! This is AMAZING! My mind simply can't wrap itself around this concept that you did it with papers! Gosh, how much I looooove your project!

I'm happy to hear that you all had such a gorgeous Father's Day and Happy Birthday to Tom!!!!! Bet he felt like a King being surrounded by his beautiful family!!! :)

Wishing you a fabulous week Sweetheart!

Much Love,
Elise

Elise said...

Can't stop looking! LOL! You're INCREDIBLY talented! Whewwww! This is mind blowing! :)

Loves Again .. hehe!
Elise

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Absolutely gorgeous, such a lovely creation! Really pretty summer colours.
Rebecca.

Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous bag, Dena! Looks amazing! xx

Janie Printz said...

This is just gorgeous Dena. I truly love all my Tildas but this is a gotta have !!! Love the bag & thanks for the link. You are a very talented young lady & I admire everything you create.
Hugs, Janie

janeslovelycards said...

Dena this is amazing!!! I'm stunned that this is made from papers! Love the colours and details. Incredible work! xxx

Molecraft said...

Wow, what an amazing project, love it!
Helen x

Mayumi Adler said...

Hello Dena. This little bag is a great idea, you made it just lovely! Also the color combo is just perfect, as the pretty Tilda.

Christy Designs said...

Oww....amazing bag !
I love the sweetness to it!!

Tine said...

This is fabulous, Dena. A perfect project to showcase your Tilda image - & what glorious sunshine too!
Tine :)

Helga said...

Wow gorgeous Idea - perfect made !
LG Helga

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Dena, that is beyond gorgeous hun. Love the bag and your amazing decorating. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends x

Gi Guerreiro said...

Lindo!!!
<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails