Monday, June 2, 2014

Magnolia-licious Summer Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Magnolia-licious Summer Blog Hop!  I know you will finds lots of darling ideas as you hop along.   You should have come from Katie's blog if you are going in order.

I decided to make a little Summer sign for my project.  I absolutely adore this Tilda!!!!

I do believe Summer is here!! At least it is in Houston, Texas! I am loving the nice warm weather and being able to finally use the pool a little bit.



I started my project with one of those balsa wood signs from Michaels for $1.  I painted it with some chalkboard paint thinking of going in that directions, but then changed my mind and spritzed it with some white Dylusions Ink Spray for a splattered look, then took some white acrylic paint and used the end of my paint brush to add dots all around.  I colored the images with copics and cut out, cut the letters out with my cricut, then sponged Modge Podge all over.  I added my images and letters and put  Modge Podge over the top of them to seal the on.  I added some twine and cut some fabric and DONE!  Pretty easy little project!

Project Supplies:


Die Cut: Puffy Clouds by Memory Box
Other Supplies:  Chalkboard Paint, Dylusions Ink Spray - White, White acrylic paint, twine

You next stop on the hop is my very sweet and talented teammate, JANE!!!  Below is the list for the blog hop, I know you will be inspired!

Dena (You are here)

Thank you so very much for stopping by!  Have a GREAT Monday!

Hugs, Dena


28 comments:

Tamara said...

Hi Dena!
Gorgeous project. I really like the idea of using only one of those beach houses. Looks great!
Hugs,
tamika

Jane said...

As usual, just fabulous. Only wish I lived near enough to the beach to have one! Off hopping, Jane x

Kerri said...

Great idea and nicely done!!!

sueincanada said...

That is really cute.

Christine Dol said...

SO adorable Dena! Love your beach sign! Glad that summer has arrived in Texas! It has arrived here as well!

Beth Brovold said...

Oh what a WONDERFUL idea Dena!! Your sign is just too CUTE...beautifully created!! I think that maybe our summer intends to stay also...fingers crossed!!

Louise said...

Gorgeous design Dena, love the black background it really make the images pop.
Louise

Exclusively by Mel said...

I just adore your summer sign! so clever, great image and the text is fabulous!!
Mel. xx

Suzi said...

I really do need one of these signs Dena, I love your cute summer one and the adorable stamp choices. Fab summer project. Hugs Suzi x

Guida Machado said...

Hi, Dena,
What a cute project :)
Hugs,
Guida

Barb Hardeman said...

Fantastic project Dena! I need one that says..."Gone Cruisin'"! Love the way the spray gives so much dimension to your wood. And, SO cute, Tilda has a bead of sweat on her forehead!!! Completely delightful! Hugs...Barb

Melanie Smith said...

How precious! I would of never thought to make a sign....so creative and perfect for summer!

Deborah said...

Fab project Dena. Love the images.

Deborah A

Deborah said...

Fab project Dena. Love the images.

Deborah A

Danielle said...

Adorable sign.. Love the way you incorporated all the different elements together.

Cathy Lee said...

This is just too cute, Dena. Love your choice of stamps and the black background reminds me of the black sand beaches in Hawaii. Totally adorable.
Hugz,
Cath

Sonia said...

Hi Dena
Wonderful creation! Love the Tilda you used. Great project.
-Sonia **Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Elise said...

OMGOSH Dena!!! This is sooooo GORGEOUS! I love every single thing about this! I so love the "textural" look to the background .. and the black background makes everything else just pop right out so BEAUTIFULLY! What an AMAZING project Dena! Love love Love it!

ps .. Summer is definitely here too and we already had a 105 degree day last week .. yuck! I like it nice and perfect in the 80's only .. hehehehe! :)

Wishing you a beautiful week!!

Much Love,
Elise

vinita jain said...

This is a lovely door hanging perfect for the summers!!! I just love your colouring and the ribbon bows are so pretty.

Kathy Gerace said...

Love your sign! It is so cute and at the same time useful. Your coloring is really great.
Hugs, Kathy

Suzanne J Dean said...

What a gorgeous sign...it will look fabulous in my craft room bwahahaha! No really, I love the black and pops of pretty colors on top...beachy & trendy! And my fave place to be is at the beach so its a win/win :)

hugz,
Suzanne

Elizabeth said...

I loveeee your sign Dena! Awesome look with the black background and the happy colors. Fab coloring as well! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Elizabeth

Karen said...

Love this sign Dena!!

Nancee Purdum said...

Oh how cute! I love this sign!!! I know of a few people who would just go crazy over it! :) Nancee

Paper Tails said...

Your banner is very sweet!

Karen

Zora said...

Beautyful sign, love the black background.

Anne said...

Such a fun sign! Love the scene and the ribbons, and the blackboard-look!

hugs, Anne.

Timemimi 當代迷你倉 said...

開倉筲箕灣商務中心服務新蒲崗寫字樓獨立主機主機屋租賃獨立主機註冊免費價錢當代自存倉域名租用協議

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails