Thursday, June 26, 2014

Watercolor Attempt


Hey there! Thanks for visiting me today.  Now today, I am just going to show you a little experiment that I did after watching a VERY amazing lady watercolor.  Her blog is called The Storyteller and her name is Sanketi.  She is the sweetest thing making all these videos of how she watercolors her cards! So..........I thought I might try my hand.  I had to use some Inktense blocks because I didn't have true watercolors.  I have since bought some but want to get a lot better before I show you anything else haha!  Be kind to me, this is my first at this type of thing.  I think watercolor like this is very hard!!!!!  I have a huge admiration for people who can do this well.

I used the darling stamp from Lili of the Valley called Summer Church.  I really like how whimsical it is.  I stamped in a light grey and then went to town haha! I kept the layout super simple.

Please go check out this lady's blog, you will not be disappointed and leave her some love while your at it.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hugs, Dena




14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A delightful scene. Love the tearing and how the pink sets of the scene.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

brilliant combo of colours and love this gorgeous designed card...aNNie ♥The Journey is the Start

Lorraine said...

It looks fabulous Dena. I love the style, so pretty.
Lorraine x

Kerri said...

it looks great!! nicely done!!

Christina C. said...

You totally rocked this medium, Dena! No need to embellish....like it just the way it is!!!!
So stunning!!!!!

Petti said...

This is so pretty!

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Dena.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Hugs Sharon x

Marion said...

So delicate and restful. I think you have done a great job. I have yet to try watercolour - a bit out of my comfort zone.

cebelica said...

I like the whimsical look. Very nice. Hugs! xx

Elise said...

OOoH Dena!!!!! You did an AMAZING job with this! Wow wow wow! Hmmm .. I think I have some questions to ask you! ;) I loooooove all the different colors, the happy feeling I get from just looking at this .. it's just INCREDIBLE! I hope you will do more .. as I absolutely LOOOVE this!

I hope you're having a beautiful week!!!

Much Love,
Elise

Laura Corkill said...

Gorgeous!

Hugs,
Laura C.

Christine L said...

Heyyyyyy we don't have to be kind to you hon..... this is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you've given a shading around the church and the flowers... and I'm going to have to pop over to this lady's blog to see her videos... I did do a watercolour class a few years back... I enjoyed it!

You never know.... you may be the next Picasso/Renoir/Rembrandt.. we'll still be your friends though!! hehe

Hugs
Christine x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Your colouring is absolutely stunning! This is such a beautiful card and I can't wait to see more of your use with watercolours.
Rebecca.

Jane Savage said...

Such a pretty scene, Dena, made even more so by the soft, delicate colouring. What a gorgeous effect! Love that splash of hot pink too! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails