Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Penguin Shaker Card

Hey y'all! It is definitely weird posting these wintery cards when it is so blasted hot outside haha!! Don't get me wrong, I prefer the heat over the freezing cold temps, but wowza, it's like a took a bath after walking Rambo around the block whew!

So let me show you this little sweetie called Snow Flurries from LOTV.  This is one of the latest releases.  I think these little penguins and the snowmen are just adorable and super quick to color......BONUS! haha!

I made a shaker card with some shakers I bought several years ago with my friend Andie at the NEC.  Can't believe I am finally using them geez!  I put seed beads and those Robin's Egg crystals on the inside to shake around.


I used one of the newest paper pads from Lili of the Valley called Festive Trimmings.  You can also see below one of the amazing dies from Magnolia-licious called Snowflake Sprig from the Memory Box dies. I'm thinking I will get a lot of use out of this die for all the winter stamps.
Do you just looooove that fluffy trim? My sweet friend sent it to me and I think it just screams winter, so had to use it. Thanks girl!

Hope you like my card.  I know my teammates have made some super fabulous cards with the new release, be sure to give their blogs a visit!!

Have a wonderful hump day!

Hugs, Dena

23 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute these penguins are adorable. Beautiful details too. Cooled down here, prefer it around 20 degrees.

Elise said...

HI Dena!!!!! :) I'm still up! hahahahh! :) Guess what?! I just finished this little cutie too! OooH I SO LOVE these colors that you've used! And this is a shaker card .. my gosh .. you always do so many brilliant projects! Totally GORGEOUS beyond words and OoOh yes I so love that black/white ribbons against everything! I so love your work Dena!

ps .. Rambo is such a lucky lil' dude! ;)

Much Love,
Elise

Squirrel x said...

Just too cute! Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and oh sooooo cute.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Dena. The image is adorable and love the shaker card with its gorgeous embellishments.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Jane Savage said...

Oh so pretty, Dena! Love the shaker design and that fab colour scheme! xx

Louise said...

Gorgeous shaker card, fabulous colors. Such a pretty image and papers
hugs Louise

Astrid said...

Such a great card Dena, sooo cutie that inmage, and the shaker card is also fabelous.
Hugs Astrid

Ageeth Holster said...

I love your card very much Dena! Hugs Ageeth

Christina C. said...

LOOOOOVE this awesome Christmas card!!!!!!!! This image is so darn cute and the fluffy trim is perfect and the filling with those Robin's Eggs is amazing. My eyes immediately zeroed in on those bubbles...never seen this before!
Gorgeous creation, Dena!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous Dena. Love the image and the shaker card you've created and I so want that trim - its fabulous.

Deborah A

Petti said...

Love it! So cute and love all the details!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous shaker card Dena. The little penguin is so cute and I love all the fluffy fur around him, and the pretty embellies.
Lorraine x

Guida Machado said...

Dena, sucha a cute card...
Hugs,
Guida

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

GORGEOUS AND STUNNING!!!! Love all of the awesome details and embellies you used to create this beautiful card.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous shaker card Dena. Love the colours and details and of course the penguin.
Lorraine

Juls said...

Fabulous :-) .... Such gorgeous details :-) xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous shaker card, your embellishments are beautiful!
Rebecca.

Chris said...

This is just so darling, Dena! I love that you made a shaker card! The trim you used around the edge of the shaker is perfect. Your work is always so lovely! This is adorable!

XO,
Chris

Christine L said...

Oh yes.... this is absolutely stunning... wow to the shaker bit... the colouring, and the general putting together of this wonderful card!

Big hugs
Christine x

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Dena, I love shaker cards, they are may favourite ! I love love this cute penguin, but sincerely, it is soooo cold in Montreal today, I think I cannot truly enjoy a Christmas card...... we had nooooo summer. and it is reminder that fall is on the way! well, your card is truly beautiful, and I wish you a lovely weekend. Hugs.! xox

Elaine said...

Perfection!
It's the most perfect, Wintery, frosty card and I LOVE shaker cards.
I might be old but I still can't resist picking up a shaker card and watching the magic!
Stunning ♥

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Now isn't that spooky...I don't visit any blogs for months and then I come by here today to see this delightful shaker card with it's beautifully coloured penguin, gorgeous design and stunning embellishment and you mention that year at the NEC which is where I met you (and Andie) with Julie. I hope you are well and happy, Dena! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails