Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Magnolia-licious Spooky Fun

Howdy y'all!  I hope everyone is having a great start to the week so far!!

I'm back with a card for the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog and the theme is "Spooky Fun". 

I sure did have to rack my brain for this one.  It took me over a week to finish this simple card haha! Halloween is NOT my thing that is for sure!  I ended up using  Lighting Edwin and just coloring his face and hands and feet and wrapping him in cheese cloth haha!


So what do you think? I think he makes a pretty cute mummy!  I used dies from Magnolia-licious such as the Viva Tree from Poppy Stamps and the Memory Box Classic Upper Alpha for the words.  The texture stamps are from a Tim Holtz set that I have.  The haunted house is from a cricut cartridge - Paper Dolls.

Please be sure to check out my teammates cards as I know they will inspire you.

As always we would love to have you join our challenge!!!

 
Hugs, Dena



11 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome Halloween scene. LOVE IT and pinned it. Have a great day.

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

This is a wonderful idea! I really like your card!

Hugs,
Jay Jay

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is SO cute Dena. Your cheesecloth wrapped Edwin is inspired! The spooky house is fab too! You'd never know you're outside of your comfort zone! Love it. Hugs, Wends x

Astrid said...

Ha Ha gorgeous Dena, such a cutie.
Hugs Astrid

Elise said...

Hi Dena!!!!!!!!!!! :) Okay, for someone that is not into Halloween things .. well .. you totally ROCKED this! You created the most PERFECT scene .. with a glittery haunted home, and even wrapped Edwin in cheesecloth?! OMGosh .. kay .. that is sooo CLEVER and just way too cute for words! I love Love Love what you have done .. as always .. you're AMAZING!!!!!!!

Hope you're having a beautiful week Sweetie!

Much Love,
Elise

Shan said...

Hi Dena. Your Halloween card is absolutely adorable. I love how you wrapped him and the background you created is perfect. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day.
Hugs,
Shan

Bonnie Weiss said...

Oh Dena, your card is fantastic. The use of cheese cloth is nothing short of brilliant.

Christine L said...

Fabbie fun card Dena.... loving the mummy and of course that wonderful glittery castle!

I thought of you yesterday as I went into the LOTV shop.. and would you believe, came out with nothing!! I have so many stamps that I knew I didn't need more.

Big hugs
Christine x

britgirl58 said...

It may have taken you a while, Dena, but the result is worth the effort. What a darling little Frankie! TFS.

Chris said...

Hi Dena, your card is just brilliant, I love what you have done with Edwin,
Chris xxx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh wow, this is such an amazing Halloween creation! I love how you've added texture to Edwin's costume and your sparkly haunted house is fabulous!
Rebecca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails